The Zulus are perhaps the fiercest, most combative tribe in all South Africa. In the early 1800s the Zulu King, Shaka, subjugated the vast area of land between the Phongolo and Mzimkhulu rivers and laid the foundations for the Zulu Nation. Then in 1879 the Zulus handed the British one of the most humiliating defeats in history at the battle of Isandlwana, when they annihilated an entire column of 1200 Englishmen (who were supported by artillery and cavalry), and did it with little more than cowhide shields and their Assegais, or short stabbing spears. Even to this day, a Zulu tribesman is nobody to be trifled with. The thing that distinguishes the Zulu people most is their fondness for using a Knob Kerrie, or walking stick.
Our President, Lynn C. Thompson, who regularly hunts in South Africa, has amassed an impressive collection of these handmade sticks. Most of them are made from indigenous African hardwoods like Wild Olive, Pink Ivory, and Red Bush Willow, and are topped with a distinctive ball or knob. Adapted for the western marketplace, the Cold Steel African Walking Stick features some of the best parts of traditional Zulu Kerries like an undulating shaft, and the traditional geodesic ball grip. However, instead of using a costly exotic hardwood, we have made ours out of black Polypropylene. This means that, in addition to being unbreakable, it is also impervious to the elements. It will never rot, warp, crack, splinter, swell, shrink, mildew, or fade, and it is ready for all the wear and tear you, and the world, can dish out. Although its primary mission is to be a walking stick to aid ones balance when crossing uneven, slippery, wet or rough terrain, it can also serve as a pointer, lever, or probe. It also makes a formidable tool for self-defense in an emergency.
- Made from durable polypropylene
- Inspired by an African Zulu walking stick
- A great walking stick and self defense tool
- Length: 37 Inches
- Weight: 25.3 oz.
- Head: 2.75 Inches
- Diameter at Base: 1.75 Inches
- Diameter at Neck: 1.75 Inches
- If all items on your order are in stock, your order will ship the same or next business day.
- Express orders must be placed before 3 p.m. CST to ensure same day shipment (all items must be in stock as well).
- You have the option to guarantee same day shipping if your order is processed after 3 p.m. CST, there will be a $10.00 rush fee.
- If one or more of the items on your order are out of stock, your order may not ship right away.
- You are only charged for one shipment per order, therefore we generally ship orders together, once all items are in stock.
- You may arrange to receive multiple shipments by selecting so during checkout or by contacting our customer service.
- To see if your items are in stock or out of stock, simply view the availability shown under the Price.
- Orders are shipped Monday-Friday.
- Domestic orders are shipped via UPS.
- International orders have the choice of USPS or UPS.
- International orders may be subject to additional fees (customs and brokerage) due at the time of delivery collected by the delivery company.
- Please check for emails from us. We may contact you by email regarding your order. We will also send your packing slip with tracking information by email once your order ships.
- Most shipments do not require a signature. Shipments over $500 may be subject to requiring a signature.
- Orders are delivered Monday-Friday. To arrange a Saturday delivery please contact our customer service department before ordering as this option has an additional cost and cannot be purchased through our online shopping cart.
- Once your package is delivered, please inspect your order to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact so we can quickly correct any issues.
Returns and Exchanges:
- We have a 1 year return policy.
- Items must be in their original condition to be returned.
- We cannot accept worn, washed, used, or damaged items.
- You can return items and get a refund, do an immediate exchange, or get store credit for a future order.
- Please note you are responsible for all shipping fees incurred with returns and exchanges.
- To read our full return policy please click here: Returns and Exchanges